Hops storage

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jrgtr42

Reaction score
So I just packaged up my hops, and this year I used our vacuum sealer machine for the first time. I presume I should still store them in the freezer, right?
I have 5 packs, 1.5- 2 oz each, and even vacuumed down, they still take up some real estate that SWMBO doesn't really want to give up in there.
Yes, I know I should have a fridge / freezer dedicated to beer :) but that isn't in the cards at the moment.

Yes, keep them in the freezer if you want them to last. Also a good idea to put them inside an opaque bag or container of some sort. That way they won't get hit by the light every time someone opens the freezer.

It's OK to store them in a fridge rather than a freezer, if that helps things domestically - if you're vacuum packing and fridging then that will preserve them well enough. I keep unopened packs in the fridge, and open packs in the freezer FWIW.

Back