Hops plant looks sick!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MinnesotaTanker

Reaction score
I planted these hops here near Fort benning, Georgia. But now they apear sick! Does anyone have a diagnosis?:confused:

DSC02380.JPG

DSC02381.JPG

DSC02385.jpg

Looks like wind damage, not sure, but I don't think they are being eaten or sick.

Hmmm, we did have a bit of wind. It just seemed to me like they were colored funny where they had been damaged. Is wind damage common with hops?

The only reason I think that is because the color of the leave looks good and it appears like it has enough water, but in turn it looks like someone or something wrinkled it like a piece of foil.

Yeah. The worst thing I ever did was read the pdf on all the diseases for hops lol. now i think i'm over analyzing. They have good height and they are growing well, just noticed the discoloration and may be over worrying i guess :p

Hops are like weeds they will literally grow in almost anything. With that being said it looks like wind damage. My Chinook and centennial have really big leaves and in a tough wind storm they will start to crack and tear. Not much that can be done about it other than keeping them watered during those windy times.

Back