hops in SOIL.......

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cheezydemon

Reaction score
Only 1 or 2 people will get that lol.

I posted a thread called "Hops in DIRT" and it was pointed out to me that DIRT is what is under your finger nails, SOIL is everything that you plant in.....(although, the bag of DIRT did specify that it's entire contents were harvested from beneath people's fingernails......)

Anyhow, they in the ground.....I now know how the practice of cutting off the first few bines to encourage more hardy growth started.

These things are as strong as a 1/8 inch glass cylinder.

The bines that are broken, should I cut them off? Will the sprout 2 bines from there?(like most plants)

Thanks.

Congrats!!!
You are giving me flashbacks to my soil science class. If you said dirt, he'd kick out out of lecture for the day...
Go ahead and cut the broken ones.

I work for a soil engineering company. And you are correct. :D But saying I work with a bunch of dirtbags still doesn't come off as nice...

Lol, indeed, attention to lingual details is a pet peeve of mine.

I am loathe to cut off the bines, on the Mt. Hood it was the only one *sniff, sniff*

But I know more will come.

Back