Hops, hops and more hops!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paliessmann

Reaction score
Just bought a bunch of hops from the hops direct yard sale. 2 pounds nugget, 2 pounds cluster and 1 pound Apollo. I've never used any of these before and I was wondering if anyone has any advice of reviews????

Just did an all Nugget pale ale, that came out great. Ted Nugget used Nugget @ 60 and an ounce at @10 and @2 (don't have it in front of me) Came out very good.

lgilmore said:
Just did an all Nugget pale ale, that came out great. Ted Nugget used Nugget @ 60 and an ounce at @10 and @2 (don't have it in front of me) Came out very good.

Nice. I've a lot of good things about nugget. I'm looking forward to using them

Earlier this year I bought a pound of Nugget hops without having used them before. They are supposedly great as bittering hops and my all nugget IPA turned out pretty good as well. Full of herbal, floral, and earthy notes. Was almost too much for me from that one hop but was still good and am trying to figure out what to pair with it. Was thinking that it would work well with something piney (chinook or simcoe?) or citrusy (centennial or cascade?).

Yeah I think I'm most excited about the nugget. Really interested i what the cluster is going to do. I think I know what I'm getting with the 19.5 alpha Apollo hops. The nugget definitely seems like the most versatile of the three.

Any clues about how to use hop extract for a 5gallon batch of an IPA? Quantities, time for bittering, aroma,...
Thanks

IPAdilha said:
Any clues about how to use hop extract for a 5gallon batch of an IPA? Quantities, time for bittering, aroma,...
Thanks

I have used it in the Gone With the Wheat beer kits. With it being a no boil kit, you put the malt extract in, top up with hot water, then add the hop extract and yeast. Then after a week or so the hop taste because much more subtle and less harsh. Still, I don't believe it has an inch or proper hops, though. But still ok if you has little space or time etc.

Latest posts

Back