Hops from Northern Brewer..

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PGHBrewer

Reaction score
I purchased some hop rhizomes from NB around 3/19 and still haven't seen them at my door. Has anyone else purchased some from them recently and if you got them or not yet. I know that they might have still been waiting to get some from their supplier but I'm getting a little nervous that I will be a little late in the game to plant them when they actually arrive.

Side note: I am in no way bashing the company and their shipping abilities. NB is awesome and I watch brewing TV religiously haha.

Update: just got an email saying that they should be here in the next 4 weeks or so. Am I still safe to plant that late in spring?

Yeah next year I'll plan ahead a little better. Then again I will already have the plants at the house lol

That's pretty weak imo. If they did not tell you to prepare for that up front then I'd cancel now and go to the ebay store the rest of us are to get great lakes crowns.

That's funny, I just picked up my Northern Brewer hop rhizomes at the Milwaukee store over the weekend. I would assume that they would be shipping out internet orders in a timely fashion...

That's upsetting. You would assume they would have stock to ship if it's in the store. Oh well. I'll wait it out this time. Live and learn.

I ordered back in January and haven't heard anything on when they are shipping them out.
I just sent them an email asking, we'll see.

From what I understand, they place a bulk order in the spring when the hop farms are propagating the female plants. The orders through my NB were due March 18th and the rhizomes where delivered to the store around the 25th. They then divided them up and had them ready for pickup the 31st.

Back