Hops from Ebay

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

schneemann

Reaction score
Does anyone have any experiences ordering hops from Ebay?
Are there any reputable sellers you can recommend?

Also, some of them advertise the year they were harvested. How much does that matter?

The bittering ability of hops declines with age. After two years of storage at moderate temperatures, most hops are only good for lambics.

I have made many hop purchases on ebay. One of the best sellers that I have dealt with is buckswin3124. He rarely has more than one or two auctions at a time but if your patient you can get what you need and know that you wont get screwed. If the hops are older than the most recent harvest, he always puts that in the description and you can bid knowing that up front. Over the past 6 months or so, I think I have ordered a total of 4 or 5 pounds from him.

I just bought a lb of Columbus from buckswin3124. should be here soon. Lots of sales with a 100% rating. I can't wait as I really like Columbus :rockin:.
Jack

I have ordered from 3 different ppl. the brewguy i think was 1 he was pretty good. another was some store closing in FL i bought 1 time then i have got the most from tborgford he has always been super quick on shipping like 2 days from Wa to TN. i have bought about a pound from him for pretty cheap.

Back