Hops for sale!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That guy is smoking some serious crack IMO. As bad as the shortage is, it's not that bad.

As pathetic as this is, someone will probably buy some off of him. I remember when the Xbox first came out I saw an ebay listing where someone ended up paying $800 for the box that the xbox came in because they didn't read the fine print of the listing. No system - just the box.

I'd bet that there's someone out there hard enough up for hops that they won't read the part about them being 10 years old.

DeathBrewer said:
they should have taken that to court. that's bull**** no matter what the description said.

The sad thing is that it really isn't always the small print. Some people are just idiots. I saw an Ebay listing that was titled "Xbox - box only, no system" that went for $600 or so.

They weren't hiding the fact that it was only a box.

DeathBrewer said:
it's still a scam. if they would have taken it to court they would have won.

I don't see how saying exactly what you are selling is a scam.

What would be the legal grounds for the suit? They didn't provide any false info.

The plaintiff would have to prove that the defendant intended the buyer to think that they were purchasing more than they were. I think that would be easy to prove in front of a jury, but not a judge.

Someone will probably by a bale and sell them on ebay for $3-4 an oz. and kinda leave out the 10 years old part. :mad: Buyers beware.

ohiobrewtus said:
As pathetic as this is, someone will probably buy some off of him. I remember when the Xbox first came out I saw an ebay listing where someone ended up paying $800 for the box that the xbox came in because they didn't read the fine print of the listing. No system - just the box.

I'd bet that there's someone out there hard enough up for hops that they won't read the part about them being 10 years old.
I hear you. Yesterday (on TV) they interviewed a guy waiting in line for the black Air Jordans. He said he was going to buy a pair for $230.00 and planned on selling them for $1200.00.

Back