Hops for Pops Sale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BobBailey

Reaction score
Just in case anyone doesn't know: Hops Direct has a bunch of hop varieties going on sale tomorrow . Most around $9/lb.

Well I was checking this out but their shipping rates are kind of crazy. I compared their sale prices with the regular prices from farmhouse and the balance came out the same because of the shipping. Maybe its just because of location but $18 to ship 3 lb of hops is steep. I can ship a 10 lb package of homebrew for cheaper.

Well I was checking this out but their shipping rates are kind of crazy. I compared their sale prices with the regular prices from farmhouse and the balance came out the same because of the shipping. Maybe its just because of location but $18 to ship 3 lb of hops is steep. I can ship a 10 lb package of homebrew for cheaper.

I agree... Even though I jumped on the Label Peelers' Amarillo BOGO, the shipping was $17 (but 2# of Amarillo for $1.47/oz was worth it). Granted if I take out the shipping, it was only $0.97/oz. Locally they are $3.59/oz and I'd be lucky to get them.

I understand the shipping, especially for whole cones. The package size makes it expansive. That, coupled with the fact that my wife commandeered all of my freezer space is why I went to pellets. Also. I am close enough to Yakima Valley that shipping rates are pretty low. Sometimes I can get hops cheaper with my MoreBeer order due to their free shipping.

Just ordered 5 lbs. and the cost, including shipping was $61.07.

I found similar situation for my area. Farmhouse brewing is either the same, or cheaper, and shipping isn't a crap ton like it is there.

However, new customer to farmhouse, how the heck do you order 4oz hops? I see nowhere to click for ordering/updating/adding to cart on the 4oz page.

However, new customer to farmhouse, how the heck do you order 4oz hops? I see nowhere to click for ordering/updating/adding to cart on the 4oz page.

You put how much of each hop you want and then the add to cart button is at the very top of that list right above 'Ahtanum' or at the very bottom of the list below the Zythos description.

Right this moment the Add to Cart icon is not loading on my computer, but that link still works to add to cart.

Shipping is a deal breaker unless you go with something like the aged debittered hops at $1/lb during the HD sale.

It really is a pretty awesome deal if you are buying 3 or more pounds of hops. At 3lbs it was about $1/oz shipped to PA, at 4lbs it was $0.90/oz and right now the 7lbs I would purchase (if I didn't have enough hops for the next 6 years in my freezer) is $23.78 to ship across the country, but even with shipping it's $94.18 or $0.84 an ounce. And that's with European and New Zealand hops that 99% of us can't buy for less than $20 a pound not including shipping.

I do agree however that Hops Direct has a big weakness not offering other shipping options, at the very least USPS Priority which is cheaper and faster.

Back