Hops Chart

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swimdmb27

Reaction score
Hey fellow brewer's. I am fairly new to AG (3 batches in, have 2 more planned) and am thinking about beginning to formulate my own recipes. I found a chart online that had everything about grains explained (what to use with what style etc) and was wondering if there was anything like that about hops. I know all about the bittering/aroma etc but am not sure what hops are good for bittering/aroma etc and what goes good with what styles. If someone has or know where I could find a chart that would be great. If this has already been discussed I'm sorry about that.

Hey fellow brewer's. I am fairly new to AG (3 batches in, have 2 more planned) and am thinking about beginning to formulate my own recipes. I found a chart online that had everything about grains explained (what to use with what style etc) and was wondering if there was anything like that about hops. I know all about the bittering/aroma etc but am not sure what hops are good for bittering/aroma etc and what goes good with what styles. If someone has or know where I could find a chart that would be great. If this has already been discussed I'm sorry about that.

Check here: http://***********/resources/hops

If you look to the left of the screen, you will see other charts for yeast and grain/adjunct.

I like BYO's because it is listed through a drop down menu for a specific style.

that's a good one brew happy-

i'll use that in the future for sure. I often use the descriptions on AHS, as well as hops direct when i'm planning brews so i can make one large hop order. Then i look at other recipes for the styles i want to brew and do some 2 fold reasearch on both specialty grains, as well as hops that other folks on hbt have used.

What i've come to do now is keep one or 2 high alpha bittering hops, a good belgian hop, a US variety, and a UK variety, and soon a noble. Pretty much covers all my bases.

Back