Hoppy Farter's Day

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You're slacking. I just poured my third session SMaSH while BBQing ribs. Hoppy Farter's Day.

Happy Belated, dudes! Spent most of the mid day brewing a Marzen for a competition in a few months. Went really well. Had to stop at the end of the boil to attend my niece's open house, but I came back and finished up and hoping for a winning entry! Only wish my Stainless Bucket fermentor had arrived by now. Had to primary in a plastic bucket again and I was looking forward to that Chapman SS Bucket for this beer. Maybe they will ship one before my next full sized batch.

Oh, and my kids got me a Tigers sign to hang int he family room to balance the Red Wings sign I already have.

AND they got me a Weird Al action figure with accordion AND two heads! Yes, classic Glasses Al, and Post-LASIK Al!

Trying to figure out how to make it work as a Tap Handle.

My wife and son got me bbq sauces with tequila, bourbon and beer. A whole assortment of cooking salts and spices. Pulled porking claws.

It's was a sober day though. MIL is going into the hospital today for a mastectomy. Stage 1 Breast Cancer.

I ate a burger with a 1/2 pound patty. That made me a better farter yesterday. LOL

Sorry to hear about you MIL, hope everything turns out OK.
Now back to farting...

bluefart.png

Busted out the backpacking cookset last night so my daughter can practice using the Pop Can Stove I built. (Now she wants to make one herself...)

But that's not the story. The story is, while the pasta was cooking I asked her if it was supposed to storm tonight. S he looks out to the west horizon and says, "Doesn't look like it. Did you hear it was supposed to?"

To which I replied, "I thought I heard some thunder."

After a second I could see the understanding in her eyes. And that's when I let it rip.

She cracked up, and now I feel bad that I am teaching her some pretty poor manners. While on the other hand, she should understand what most guys are really like after the courting period has concluded.

I've been making beans a lot lately since I pretty much like having bean dip and chips during the summer.

Boy does it have flatulence factor of 9 out of 10.

3 tablespoons of oil ( I like olive)
- or -
4 slices of bacon using the grease

1 diced onion
1 Can 15oz of pinto beans.
1 Can 8oz El Patio Tomato Sauce.
1 package of Taco Seasoning.
1 teaspoon of Mexican oregano
1/4 cup of shredded Cheddar or Monterey Jack

Basically, cook bacon for the grease and bacon bits or use oil. Saute the onion in oil/grease until translucent. Add beans, tomato sauce and taco seasoning. Simmer until it thickens about 20-30 minutes. Add oregano at the last 5 minutes of the simmer. Stir frequently so doesn't burn or stick.

Stir in bacon bits or use as garnish with a little shredded cheese.

Whew, man. Made a big kettle of hot dog stew the other day & seasoned with Zaterain's creole seasoning With other Cajun influences. Served over rice in bowls with biscuits. Been makin' like a Saturn 5 booster the last couple days...oops, Earth 2...we have lift off...yet another successful launch from Cape Cougar!...:rockin:

Whew, man. Made a big kettle of hot dog stew the other day & seasoned with Zaterain's creole seasoning With other Cajun influences. Served over rice in bowls with biscuits. Been makin' like a Saturn 5 booster the last couple days...oops, Earth 2...we have lift off...yet another successful launch from Cape Cougar!...:rockin:

Last week I took a 3 lb pork shoulder, diced it, then broiled it about 5 minutes per side. Just a little brown. Threw that in pressure cooker with two cups of dried pinto beans, about four cups of water, El Pato hot Mexican tomato sauce, one pack of taco seasoning and one chili seasoning pack with a tablespoon of dried avocado leaves. Put the lid on with the pressure cooker. Then turned the on the heat once it started hissing I let it go about 30 minutes. Then shut it off once cooled, I opened the sucker up and ate. It was good, pork was browned but also super soft, and all the spices were well infused.

Later that night I was mimicking the pressure cooker with short bursts.

I am smoking a 13 lb Packer. We’ll have potato salad, macaroni salad, cole slaw, watermelon, chips and dip. I’ll serve an English Summer Ale and an APA. That ought to do it! Hoppy Farter’s Day!

I am smoking a 13 lb Packer. We’ll have potato salad, macaroni salad, cole slaw, watermelon, chips and dip. I’ll serve an English Summer Ale and an APA. That ought to do it! Hoppy Farter’s Day!
Hoppy Farter's Day to you too. [emoji481] [emoji481]

I looked all day for a packer had to settle for a flat. Close to 10$ a pound too! WTH! It'll be a hoppy farters day anyway!

Thunder? Around here we call it Tree Frog croaking...

(at other times I just say it's "some a-hole talking sh^t again"...)

Nothing exceptional happening here today. 25th Anniversary dinner happening on Tuesday at one of our favorite restaurants.
(Ah, a new joke (punny) just pooped into my head.....Where do Jamaican's go out to eat? At a "Rasta"raunt). Anyway, I invited all the kids and families to surprise her.

Hoppy Farter's Day to y'all...

Well the flat is at 147 close to crutch. the wort is at 67. Both almost there! Wish I had a Costco close by! I paid ~10$ lb for "prime" flat! My buddy says he picked up a packer from Wally World for less than that. Sometimes living in the stix blows. Still a hoppy farters day! No doubt.

Back