Hoppy Belgian pale ale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gotbags-10

Reaction score
I have a comp coming up at a brewery and I have to brew a Belgian pale ale. I really want to get away from the typical pepper, coriander with heavy esters and clove. Obviously still use a Belgian yeast but one a little more subtle. Or one that pairs with hops better. On that note what would be a good hop combo. I want to balance the yeast and fruity hops. Not a full on IPA though. Thanks for any help

I have a comp coming up at a brewery and I have to brew a Belgian pale ale. I really want to get away from the typical pepper, coriander with heavy esters and clove. Obviously still use a Belgian yeast but one a little more subtle. Or one that pairs with hops better. On that note what would be a good hop combo. I want to balance the yeast and fruity hops. Not a full on IPA though. Thanks for any help

For my Belgian IPA I use WLP550 or WY3522. pairs well with hops. quite subtle, and attenuates well.

Sounds good. Will go with wlp550. Trying to figure out a hop schedule. I've seen quite a few Belgians that have Nelson saviun in them. What I've also heard about that hop is that by itself it can have pretty overwhelming white wine taste. I've been looking and a lot of people are pairing it with Citra. At least in ipas anyways. Thoughts?

Latest posts

Back