Hopes and Dreams?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

XELA

Reaction score
what are your life ambitions..

start a micro brewery? brew pub? open a zoo?

sorry if this thread has already been posted, i couldnt find one!

personally, i wanna buy some cheap land an a few static caravans.. rent some out to campers an live like a hippy :D ..also obviously have a caravan for brewing in aswell!

:)

When Dude opens his Bar and Grill, I'll come down to buy a pint.

Then I'll send it back for being too bitter. :)

wow! altho i really dont know the difference between a microbrewery and a brewpub.. cuz the microbrewery that used to be near me had a bar there..

this is sligtly different to that thread, but i think ill go read it all anyways! :)

Cheesefood said:
When Dude opens his Bar and Grill, I'll come down to buy a pint.

Then I'll send it back for being too bitter. :)

Don't worry, I'll brew up your CCA for a seasonal, and have you pour the first official pint on the release night. I'll send ya home with a growler, on the house. :p

If this brewpub dream never works out--my official dream is this:

After I retire from the AF (and beyond that), I am going to buy an RV at some point. My goal is to take extended vacations to visit my kids "About Schmidt" style. Whether they are in college, or married with kids, or whatever...I'm just going to do the round about tour every couple of months, just me and SWMBO and the dogs.

That is my ultimate dream.

I'd like to be retired from the military in my early 40's, and maybe start a second job with the federal govt, or depending on finances working for myself. Hope to be able to start travelling a bit then and by the time I hit my 50's I'd like to be able to travel more than work. Maybe I could just drive around the country with the SWMBO and drink good beer as I went.

Seems like it is still far off, but then I remember that it wasn't too long ago that I thought 30 was old.

Short term, I'd like to make it to Denver in 2008 to attend some of the homebrewing events.

I'm retiring in 3 years- and after that, I'm not spending any more time in the snow. I plan on living most of the winter in our pickup camper, pulling our fishing boat and putting our kayaks on top. When we find a place we want to stay at for a while, we'll do that. We can spend a month or so in the Bahamas, and then back to the southern/western US. Of course, I'll have two kids in college then- so I might have to revise this plan a bit. In the summer, I'll want to come home and fish and garden and brew.

I still plan on working somehow- either volunteering at the library or for the program that I manage now, or some other place. I use volunteers all the time. My husband uses volunteers for Forest Service projects. So I'll keep busy!

EDIT- I didn't mean we'd drive the truck/camper to the Bahamas. Duh! Fly from Florida, like always!

My dream is to move to a small farm (maybe a bed and breakfast), it's something I'd love to do after hubby retires from his current job (another 8-10 years to go though.)

Retiring to Puerto Rico in 20 years or so. Stash money away pre-income tax then retire to where there is no federal income tax.

Maybe, maybe not open a bar when I get there.

I'm trying to make it another 6 years or so so I can retire at 55. The next day I will procede to go get another job. I don't think I'll ever be able to retire.:(

My dream is to study and then live in the UK doing research in artificial intelligence. If I have the means to do so by the time I retire, I want to open a small brew pub.

I'd love to have a cabin in the mountains: not like in Aspen or any such annoying rich A-hole place--I mean in the boonies. We kindof have our eye on the area near Westcliffe, Colorado.

The only problem is that I'll probably be too old for the kind of backpacking and climbing that I love by the time we can actually make it happen financially.

ayrton said:
My dream is to study and then live in the UK doing research in artificial intelligence. If I have the means to do so by the time I retire, I want to open a small brew pub.

owning a brewpub would be so kool..:p

RichBrewer said:
I'm trying to make it another 6 years or so so I can retire at 55. The next day I will procede to go get another job. I don't think I'll ever be able to retire.:(
Sounds like my dad :) He "retired" at 65 and proceeded to take a part-time job with the company he retired from. He died last week at 83; he retired from his part-time "retirement" job last month due to health problems.

I would just like to brew a lot. You know, have friends and family bring me the ingredients and bottles, and I'll make them beer. I'd be able to justify a real nice rig that way. Maybe even provide beverages for local charities or maybe Weight Watcher meetings. :D

I'll retire in ten to fifteen years. Then I'll have time to enjoy my hobbies. Til then the daily grind. :(

Al

MariaAZ said:
Sounds like my dad :) He "retired" at 65 and proceeded to take a part-time job with the company he retired from. He died last week at 83; he retired from his part-time "retirement" job last month due to health problems.
I'm sorry to hear that your father passed.

Shot Drive said:
I would just like to brew a lot. You know, have friends and family bring me the ingredients and bottles, and I'll make them beer. I'd be able to justify a real nice rig that way. Maybe even provide beverages for local charities or maybe Weight Watcher meetings. :D

I'll retire in ten to fifteen years. Then I'll have time to enjoy my hobbies. Til then the daily grind. :(

Al

tiz a nice idea, i like how your not money mad like most ppl :p

MariaAZ - im sorry to hear that, i hope your doin ok

Jim Karr said:
Eight more years, and the mortgage is paid off.....maybe then I'll go overseas and be a missionary. Can a representative of the Lord show people how to brew?

8 years? your lucky! and yes you should show people how to brew! yay lord

Little house or cabin on some land, my man, our kids, assorted four legged critters, enough room to brew, books to read, music to listen to, and a lot of love and laughter.

Add various outdoorsy activities and that's my dream.

Shimms said:
Little house or cabin on some land, my man, our kids, assorted four legged critters, enough room to brew, books to read, music to listen to, and a lot of love and laughter.

thats nice an simple, souns amazin too!

Ok guys what do you think of this? I am currently in college studying business and german, brewing on the side. My cousin, the same age, is majoring in microbiology. Both my father and uncle own their own business's and have done well for themselves. So here's the kicker.

They will be retiring in a few years and both want to open a restaurant pub and grub. It would actually be pizza and my beer. And i'm serious. They are pushing me to do it. What do you guys think? I have years ahead of me, should i come out of college and start my own business? And being in Oregon, i have stiff competition, but there are some styles which i still find missing here.

Eh eh?

stay in collage then do the buissness if possible, if not, go for it! 100%

Jim Karr, I'm with you. I'm working on going on the mission field in the next 2 years. It is an odd hobby for a missionary, but God works in odd ways.

definitely staying in school. I don't have that much time left, it's just an option that is really really really really appealing. I'm a control freak, so my own business is probably a good bet. Can't work for some other monkeys.

Build shed / brewhouse in my backgarden. Dart board, pool table. Possible a beer/wine cellar build under. It is the Australian dream. That and seeing my children growing up (**** I feel old and mature - that is not like me). ...and this is from somebody that just went and spent $100 on Thomas the Tank engine tracks!
Oh and winning the lottery. That would be extra nice.

Shimms said:

That's why I love this woman :)

Back