Hopeful Lawn mower brew.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

new2brew1221

Reaction score
So, Sunday I was wanting to brew, but had limited time and ingredients. I did a 60 minute boil with two containers of Pilsen LME, Saaz and Kent Golding hops, and WLP001, California Ale yeast. I added the Saaz at 35 minutes, and the Golding at 15 minutes. I am hoping that the end result will be good. The O.G. was right at 1.042, if I was reading correctly. I plan on a short 10 day ferment and then cold crashing. Fingers crossed.

So, Sunday I was wanting to brew, but had limited time and ingredients. I did a 60 minute boil with two containers of Pilsen LME, Saaz and Kent Golding hops, and WLP001, California Ale yeast. I added the Saaz at 35 minutes, and the Golding at 15 minutes. I am hoping that the end result will be good. The O.G. was right at 1.042, if I was reading correctly. I plan on a short 10 day ferment and then cold crashing. Fingers crossed.

There are several free brewing software calculators online (I like Brewer's Friend), and they can tell you how many IBUs you have based on the hops, the recipe, and the boil size. That will tell you if you have a lightly bittered beer, or a supremely bitter beer.

I love brewers friend for recipe creation. I downloaded Brewers Assistant (think that's the name) on my iPad and it already has the gravitates, SRM, and IBU for each style so you can make a recipe in the app. My lawn mower beer is a 7.5% smash American IPA.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

I love brewers friend for recipe creation. I downloaded Brewers Assistant (think that's the name) on my iPad and it already has the gravitates, SRM, and IBU for each style so you can make a recipe in the app. My lawn mower beer is a 7.5% smash American IPA.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Back