Hop trellis boxes

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

owentp

Reaction score
Ok.....going to make this soon so settle the argument for me.......treated or standard #2 pine?

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

How about cedar or something less likely to decay. I would not use PT on anyhting that I was planning to consume.

How about cedar or something less likely to decay. I would not use PT on anyhting that I was planning to consume.

Your not going to eating the wood are you? PT would hold up better to the elements and is typically used in outdoor applications. You could always use EMT conduit or PVC. Both typically cost around the same and won't warp either. EMT would be better for the outdoor conditions though.

If your just asking about the boxes, then I'd use PT. Not sure if you meant for the actual trellis part or not.

Just for the boxing only. I do have cedar support poles & framing. Its just that 1 x cedar is so darn expensive. Chop & Brew site used a non treated wood. Looked like standard pine for their boxes.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Back