Hop straining

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dougie63

Reaction score
I was thinking about using a stainless drain screen to put on bottom of kettle to filter out hop residue from pellets. as of now I just use a hop bag and hang in the keggle but tired of cleaning it so I picked up this fine screen drain filter/strainer to put pickup tube thru on bottom of keggle do you think it will clog?

I have tried several options and have settled on a fine mesh hop bag and whirlpooling. After I whirlpool I let the wort settle for 30 minutes, then pull off wort through my dip tube until it runs clear (you'll see the difference), then into the fermentor with the rest...I get minimal trub this way.

The bag doesn't have to be cleaned meticuously, just rinse it out...it gets boiled for 60 minutes next use :)

I was thinking about using a stainless drain screen to put on bottom of kettle to filter out hop residue from pellets. as of now I just use a hop bag and hang in the keggle but tired of cleaning it so I picked up this fine screen drain filter/strainer to put pickup tube thru on bottom of keggle do you think it will clog?

Yes

Latest posts

Back