Hop stand vs. Boil Addition Brulosophy ExBmnt

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

catsnbeer

Reaction score
Curious if anyone else has a chance to read through the Brulosophy ExBmnt posted on May 2, 2016?

http://brulosophy.com/2016/05/02/hop-stand-vs-20-minute-boil-addition-exbeeriment-results/

I have been fixated on making hoppy beers recently (even though I feel drawn to brew other styles - I just cant stop - possibly I am hopelessly and deliciously addicted).

I have been hitting the hop stands in many iterations (temp/time/amount of hops (lots - like 10 -12 oz in 5 gal)/ stir or not stir etc) but just have not been satisfied with the results. Often times I find any real juicy or exotic hop flavor fades immediately during primary fermentation - leaving me sad and spending lots of $$ on hops.

With that said, I have been getting fantastic results (flavor and aroma) with dry hopping/keg hopping/ adding hops when primary is 90% done etc. I found the xBmnt mentioned to be 100% inline with my experience - like a breath of fresh air. Curious to hear what others think about it!

Ah! Thanks - I knew there had to be something going on about that already! Thank you!

The numerous folks that populate this joint don't miss much.
You can nearly count on anything new already being discussed here - somewhere.

The trick is finding the thread, but the best place to start is always the General Beer Discussion forum...

Cheers!

Back