hop rizomes

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bigfish713

Reaction score
New to hop growing where did everone get there rizomes from and if there were in good shape after shipping.
thanks

If you are in WA state.. you need to order them localy as Rhizomes are banned from importation.

I just ordered my hops Rhizomes from my LHBS. hopefully they will be here in April.

Got one from the LHBS almost five years ago through a pre-order. Not sure what farm it was from, but it did very well the first year. Got three more from Freshops this year. Two were decent. The Magnum was a little dry twig and never came up. I pulled it in June and put in another from a different LHBS (the original went out of business:( ) that I selected from a pile and that one did very well. I'll probably try and buy from hopsdirect this year if they have what I'm looking for. If not I'll try the LHBS that had them last June so that I can pick the plant that I want.

I have hop rhizomes in my store. I charge 5 a piece with free shipping. I sort through my rhizomes and will typically not sell about 10% of mine because I dont feel they are in good enough shape to ship. All order come in sealed plastic bags with wet napkins in them

Back