hop prices

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

40watt

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
What did I miss? Up until now, I've just done kits, but I thought $20 a lb was pretty standard with the occasional sweet deal around $12-14.

Then I see Citra and Amarillo going for over $35 per lb, and folks are excited. I did have trouble getting Amarillo for a recipe recently, but Jeebus...I don't think I can afford hops if that's how it's gonna be.

That's just Citra and Amarillo (and Simcoe if you can find it).

It's supply and demand and right now there is next to zero supply to meet the demand.

If you're looking at kits that use more traditional and readily available hops the prices are pretty normal -- at least for what I've seen over the past two years.

I've started experimenting with some of the cheaper blended hop pellets -- they're really affordable and offer decent aroma and flavor.

at my LHBS it's generally 2.00 or less for hops (2 oz pack) citra, amarillo, simcoe are right around 3ish (2 oz pack) same with imported hops from new zeland.

Latest posts

Back