Hop Madness 2008 - 08/30-08/31

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Natas

Reaction score
Any Or/Wa/Ca area folks heading to Hop Madness this year?
www.hopmadness.com
It's a great oppurtunity to meet a bunch of local area homebrewers and check out an operating hop farm.
It's Saturday 30Aug, and Sunday 31Aug. Camping, games, homebrews, Best Damn Hoppy Beer Comp., fresh hops will be available to brew up fresh hop beers if you like.

I missed last year and swore I'd make it this year. That being said, I'm still up in the air. Need to convince SWMBO and all.

PS: If interested in brewing with the fresh hops there, how does that all work?

KB - tell SWMBO that family and dogs are welcome. It's a nice park and a great day.

Fresh hop brewing: They buy 3-4 bines, truck them to the party & you bring your gear & makings.

I'll probably be there. My RV died on the way home last year, but I can probably manage with the Sprinter.

By the way, this is what ONE Magnum bine looks like:

2113-img_0976.jpg

I'm still lost on the brewing part, so bare with me...How do you chill your wort? Do they supply power for pumps? Or are we going way primitive on this brew session? Is the brewing on Saturday, Sunday or both? Any concerns about the bouncing wort on the drive home? I really want to come down, and brewing with some fresh hops sounds great, just trying to get it all straight in my head.

There's a pavilion with water, sinks, power, etc.
Brewing Saturday.
Bouncing doesn't bother the brew, just strap it in so it doesn't fall over.

KB - tell SWMBO that family and dogs are welcome. It's a nice park and a great day.

Fresh hop brewing: They buy 3-4 bines, truck them to the party & you bring your gear & makings.

I'll probably be there. My RV died on the way home last year, but I can probably manage with the Sprinter.

By the way, this is what ONE Magnum bine looks like:

2113-img_0976.jpg

Hey, I recognize a friend of mine in that picture. :mug:

Who's that? Julius.
I remember that HM, it was when it was at the tree farm.

Too bad you can't come down, Mr. Topia. I'll be bringing some Impy Stout aged in a Knob Creek barrel, that Flanders Red that you tried at Kirks, but on cherries, and a few other goodies.

Who's that? Julius.
I remember that HM, it was when it was at the tree farm.

Too bad you can't come down, Mr. Topia. I'll be bringing some Impy Stout aged in a Knob Creek barrel, that Flanders Red that you tried at Kirks, but on cherries, and a few other goodies.

Yea, I recognized him in the center there.

Oh man, those beers sound fantastic but I just don't think I can do it. We finally got stamped permits from DPD today so I'll be pretty busy at the pub.

Back