Hop Head Double IPA Problem

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PaintAddict

Reaction score
Ok, I did a batch of this double ipa from midwest supplies. Everything thing went great brewing, fine through the fermentation. When I was done with the secondary i transferred it to my new keg. When I tasted it from the secondary it was amazing and was a hop bomb. Even warm and flat it was amazing! Then it was carbing in the keg in the fridge and as each day passed it changed and the hops started to disappear. Now it is very sweet kinda has a butterscotch or butter taste ( diactyl ) i no thats spelled wrong. Now it just seems to get worse and worse each day, it there an infection from the keg or what are some possible causes of this. Thanks for any help!

I racked the Hop Head to the secondary today and ironically I'm in the Mpls area also. Unfortunately, I have no answers for you.

Its a great beer, the only thing I didn't like was the leaf hops and not pellet. The just floated at the top and I think only half make good contact. Other than that it was a great beer, that was till I ruined it!

Back