Hooray, HopsDirect has Perle Hops

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They started at about $32.00 a pound roughly 2-3 weeks ago and went up to the current price. Freshops has several varieties for sale at this time for $2.00 an ounce.

I think it's hilarious that now that we've started being able to actually buy hops again, Draft Magazine comes out with an article (latest issue, the one that showed up like three days ago) talking about the hop shortage... :rolleyes:

Not like they had anything new to add, nothing at all to say that we haven't been talking about for what, twelve months? Eighteen months? No updates on new acreage or anything...

I think I have 2 # Mt.hood, 1# Saranac Cascades, 1# tett's, 1.2 # summit, 1 # Ekg and various other ounces.

Wow, if you ever want to trade lemme know, lots of varieties I havent really used. Together we could have a nice hop selection :)

hmm...you guys got my thinking...since so many of us have such great hop stashes, perhaps we could set up a trade system. For example, I have pounds of cascades and hallertau but need some EKG's. Maybe I should set up a new thread where we could all post our inventories, and what we're looking for and willing to trade. Brewers helping brewers, you know? :mug:

hmm...you guys got my thinking...since so many of us have such great hop stashes, perhaps we could set up a trade system. For example, I have pounds of cascades and hallertau but need some EKG's. Maybe I should set up a new thread where we could all post our inventories, and what we're looking for and willing to trade. Brewers helping brewers, you know? :mug:

excellent idea

I think it's hilarious that now that we've started being able to actually buy hops again, Draft Magazine comes out with an article (latest issue, the one that showed up like three days ago) talking about the hop shortage... :rolleyes:

Not like they had anything new to add, nothing at all to say that we haven't been talking about for what, twelve months? Eighteen months? No updates on new acreage or anything...

It's funny you mention that....I read the article expecting to find something I didn't already know considering it is so late in the game but as you already mentioned, not a single new fact or take on the situation.

I did think that that was one of the better issues I've gotten from them in a while even with the lack of info in the hop article.

I 2nd the ebay hops. i just rescently bought 4oz of leaf centennial for $12 shipped, 3oz amarillo and 3oz of centennial for $12 shipped i think, 5oz of cascade for $10ish shipped, 4oz of williamette for $12 shipped. then i just bought 5oz of centennial from 1 of the lhbs for $1 an oz and cascade the same price. they also have biscuit for $1.19 a # and notty and windsor for .99 each

has any1 checked out www.brewersden.com they have a bunch of hops for under 1.50oz

i have thought about buying from there but i have almost 3 # of hops as it is now and i ned to get a grain mill 1st.

I 2nd the ebay hops. i just rescently bought 4oz of leaf centennial for $12 shipped, 3oz amarillo and 3oz of centennial for $12 shipped i think, 5oz of cascade for $10ish shipped, 4oz of williamette for $12 shipped. then i just bought 5oz of centennial from 1 of the lhbs for $1 an oz and cascade the same price. they also have biscuit for $1.19 a # and notty and windsor for .99 each

has any1 checked out www.brewersden.com they have a bunch of hops for under 1.50oz

i have thought about buying from there but i have almost 3 # of hops as it is now and i ned to get a grain mill 1st.

Those prices are AMAZING. Honestly though, I don't see how they could operate at that level though. I did a quick google and couldn't find anything referencing them, other than a location by the same name over in AU.

Those prices are AMAZING. Honestly though, I don't see how they could operate at that level though. I did a quick google and couldn't find anything referencing them, other than a location by the same name over in AU.

Yeah these prices are great but the website is kind of old looking with a manual order form. =:drunk: I wonder if they are still in business and where it's even located...

Edit: Did a who is and found out it's in Selden, NY.

Yeah these prices are great but the website is kind of old looking with a manual order form. =:drunk: I wonder if they are still in business and where it's even located...

Edit: Did a who is and found out it's in Selden, NY.

Ditto. There's a couple numbers listed on the website, a 1800 number and a 631 area code (NY). I'll call the 1800 tomorrow afternoon to see if the line is still connected and who answers it. Being that 800 numbers are relatively expensive to run, I imagine that even it just connecting somewhere is a good sign. I'll give a post when I get off of work tomorrow.

Edit:

After further research, this site seems to become more and more legit. There have been people referencing it over at BeerAdvocate (albeit with little reference, and dating back to 2005). However, it is also listed as a shop over at the NY chapter of Home Brew Digest here, which seems to be kept current. So, hopefully these are good signs? We'll see

i would also like to know if those prices are legit or not too. there is a $3.50 processing fee per order though that has kinda held me back some on the ordering since i really dont need a huge amount of stuff to make the $3.50 not seem like its there.

i found another site that had better prices but but here is the kicker you can't order from them they are updating their system since the beginning of month cuz i wanted to get some NB hops from them cuz they were $5.50 a pound. that site was www.BrewSource.com

they have some nice prices there too but like i said updating system and prices so you can't order and i did email about ordering and got a quick reply but it was a mass reply deal no personal 1.

they have some nice prices there too but like i said updating system and prices so you can't order and i did email about ordering and got a quick reply but it was a mass reply deal no personal 1.

Did you happen to notice THIS part...

UPDATE June 2006: Our Checkout system is currently CLOSED while we update our Prices and Products.

The Checkout system will be back as soon as we complete the updates! We look forward to serviing you.

I wouldn't hold my breath for their system to come back online.... ;)

i'm suspsicious. why would anyone sell ounces for $1 when they could easily get 3x that? i betting those pages are out of date.

Back