Hooking up commercial kegs to a former homebrew keezer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flipadelphia

Reaction score
Hi all, quick question for my friend I'm hoping someone can help us.

I sold him my keezer. It's the converted chest freezer with a wooden collar and 4 holes drilled into the collar. It has 4 Perlick faucets and some beer line/wing nut combos sitting inside the keezer.

He doesn't homebrew, he wants to somehow convert this to being able to use a commercial keg/half barrel of domestic lager, and 1/6 barrels of good craft beer. Is there a way to do this while still using the nice faucets? I hope so, because I sold this to him with these intentions! Also, can a co2 system be implemented, so he can literally just pull beer whenever he wants, just like a homebrew keezer? No pumping or anything like when you get a keg.

Thanks all.

Hi all, quick question for my friend I'm hoping someone can help us.

I sold him my keezer. It's the converted chest freezer with a wooden collar and 4 holes drilled into the collar. It has 4 Perlick faucets and some beer line/wing nut combos sitting inside the keezer.

He doesn't homebrew, he wants to somehow convert this to being able to use a commercial keg/half barrel of domestic lager, and 1/6 barrels of good craft beer. Is there a way to do this while still using the nice faucets? I hope so, because I sold this to him with these intentions! Also, can a co2 system be implemented, so he can literally just pull beer whenever he wants, just like a homebrew keezer? No pumping or anything like when you get a keg.

Thanks all.

Very simple. I have mixed sanke kegs and homebrew kegs in my kegerator on occasion. All you need to do is get a Sanke tap and replace the gas and beer tailpieces with specialty tail pieces that have quarter inch flare fittings on them. The flare fittings should allow him to use all existing lines if they are fitted with quarter-inch nuts, so it's a really easy and cheap conversion.

My LHBS had them in stock.

Here's what they look like installed.

sankeTapConversion.jpg

Last edited:
Very simple. I have mixed sanke kegs and homebrew kegs in my kegerator on occasion. All you need to do is get a Sanke tap and replace the gas and beer tailpieces with specialty tail pieces that have quarter inch flare fittings on them. The flare fittings should allow him to use all existing lines if they are fitted with quarter-inch nuts, so it's a really easy and cheap conversion.

Yeah it's not too pricy. I run both kegs on my system as well. Brand new sanke couplers can be had for under 50$ on ebay

Yeah screw that

Use what he said.

Latest posts

Back