Hookah Smoking

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jezter6

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Since we did the pipe smoking thread, I wanted to see how many HBTers have hookahs?

I've had mine for ~2 years now, and absolutely love it. I go through spurts where I smoke 3 times a week, and then I put it down for 3-4 months at a time.

Right now we just got a big sampler grab bag of shisha and we're having fun going through each of the flavors.

I saw the other day somewhere on a UK water pipe site they have these nice individual water hookahs that are more like a regular pipe, just with a water base. I'd like to find one from a US site so that I don't have to pay huge shipping fees.

Where do you buy hookah products? What do you like about smoking the hookah?

Discuss... :D

I have only smoked a hookah on rare occasions. Usually while on vacation in Kuala Lumpur when it's offered as a "after dinner" imbibement.

I have never even considered owning a hookah, nor have I ever looked for supplies. Although, I have seen many a "head shop" that does carry a variety of water pipes and elaborate hookah's so I might suggest you start there.

I haven't smoked a hookah in a long time. I had a buddy in college who had one and it was always a good time when we broke it out. I think there might be a hookah bar around here somewhere...

I've got 2 - 1 that 'works' the other that is my main hookah.

I just picked up a big bunch of shisha but haven't had the time to go through it all. I'm in the same boat as you are where I will go through and smoke a lot in a week then not touch it in forever.

It is very enjoyable though. ;)

I smoked again last night - tried some of the Margarita. Not bad, not great. I overfilled the water so it was a very hard pull.

This is just my beginner device. We never really graduated to the big daddy although my beginner one is still kinda ~3' tall.

My roommate doesn't smoke much (and i'm an ex-ciggy smoker so I love this more than anything), so I was thinking of picking up a nice solo smoker for myself.

I reall like this one from Fumari : http://www.fumari.com/old-school-hookahs/handheld-all-stainless-hookah

I'm hoping to find one a bit smaller for travelling as well.

I went to the local head shop today. Picked up a nice little 10" or so hookah. It's a tough smoke, but nice to have if it's just one person hanging out on a pipe.

I also picked up some Salvia, which many people say is just like a legal weed. I smoked the crap out of it today and didn't feel anything but tired. :/

Not worth it.

We've got a local deli that also acts as a hookah bar. I like to go up there every couple of weeks and hang out with friends. Pretty soon though I think I'm going to buy one. They're very enjoyable.

As for the Salvia, you must have got some bad stuff. Salvia should be illegal, way too intense. Not that I've done it or anything :).

I'm with you Jester... I go thru spurts.. I haven't smoked mine in a while though.

This is the one I have: My Hookah but in blue.

Have you tried any Al Fakher Shisha? it's expensive but I think some of the best I have ever tried! Also, you should try the "Natural" coal, makes a big difference compared to the "Quick Lights"

I haved mostly ordered from The Hookah. the are pretty good, also from here: Sahara Smoke, but I got my hookah from that link above.

Hummm... maybe tonight?

Back