Honey Saison Recipe Help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lousybeer

Reaction score
Hi, This is a recipe that I took pieces from different recipes. I would like to make this for my wedding so I want it to be enjoyable for as many people as possible. I made a hoppy saison that was similar to this but without the honey malt and with more hops and I loved it. I also used the belle saison yeast, but the wyeast 3711 seems to be really popular.

90 min mash at 152F

5lb 2-row (american)
2lb rye malt
2lb belgian wheat malt
1lb honey malt

0.25oz mosaic 10 min
0.25oz centennial 10 min

0.25oz mosaic 5 min
0.25oz centennial 10 min

Wyeast 3711 french saison yeast

I'm hoping this will just have a hint of citrusy hopiness to it. I've heard that the 1lb honey malt should have a decently strong honey flavor which I think will appeal to a wider audience. Does anyone have any thoughts on this recipe and this yeast vs the belle saison. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

I like using honey malt in my recipes also but found that 1/2 pound per 5 gal batch is sufficient for me,more than that it gets a little cloying. It is a dextrin malt and when used with wheat malt the head is thick and laces all the way down. That looks like a tasty beer to me.

Back