Honey Question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thecad

Reaction score
I am in the process of planning my next mead and I'm torn on what honey to use. The local super market sells 5lb jugs of a local honey (from Douglasville for you local folks) for about the same price that the LHBS sells the fancy honey. Here is the link to the LHBS web site and thier honey options.

http://www.keystonehomebrew.com/shop/cheese-honey-more/honey.html?limit=all

I've used both before with good results but always used fruit or spices which may have covered any off flavors. This time I plan on using only honey, yeast and oaking a bit.

your pal,
THE CAD

I live in Reading, PA, so I'm local...at least, I am if its th Douglassville near me, lol. best place I found for clover is actually the restaurant store near the Berkshire Mall. $12.99 for 5 lbs. varietals are 17ish. Best idea is to order through their website and pick it up in the store, it's a tad cheaper. website is webstaurantstore.com they have honey listed under condiments, for some reason....

I like websturant's prices and location makes pick up easier

any thoughts on what varietal to use

Well, I'm still fairly me at this, myself, but they dont have the largest selection of varietals.I'm going o be trying their Orange Blossom next month...

Back