honey green tea pale ale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

caseyd

Reaction score
:D im bottling my honey green tea pale ale next weekend... sorachi ace hops 1lb of honey and 50 tea bags went into this crazy idea... has anyone tried this or is going to. i want ideas on how to make this beer great

damn that sounds pretty sweet, ive been thinking about making an earl grey beer...did you throw the tea in at the end of the boil or secondary or what?

also what yeast did you use?

ill have to search for the yeast i used but.... first i boiled i gal of water, turned off the flame and steeped 50 teabags for 5 min. i then added 1lb of honey that i cooked in water at 170deg(to keep the aroma of the honey) and added it to the tea once the tea cooled to 170deg. I then added the 1 1/2 gal of honey tea to the wort during cool down after the boil... i didnt want to burn away all the flav of the tea or honey so thats why i waited for a lil after flame out

Hey man I see you live in NY. I was just up there at the Heartland Brewery and had their IPA, it was pretty good. What do you think of them?

i tasted the tea befor it went in.. real strong but not bitter and soooo much honey aroma.

just tasted the premature beer... only was in the bottle for 2 1/2 weeks for carbonating... no honey flav and a hint of green teen.. mostly lemony taste but DAM is it good... im going to use honey malt for more flavor next time and im going to add .25 oz of hops every 15 min instead of all at the start of the boil for a smoother flavor(still keeping just 1oz of sorachi ace)... and deff add more tea.. prob 75 bags instead of 50.... but all in all it was a well done experiment that tastes great and unique.

beer is done and is ****.... back to the drawing board... i did make a chocolate vanilla stout that was out of this ****ing world... if anyone wants that recipe i will gladly give it up... it was so dam good

Back