Honey Bucket Ale, Into the Primary

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aaron1983

Reaction score
Today's events have finally come to a close, here is what I put in the primary.

2 lbs 10L Crystal Malt
1 lbs 40L Crystal Malt
4 lbs Pale Malt Extract
3 lbs Honey
1.5 lbs Brown Sugar
1 oz Chinook 14% Hops (30 Mins)
1 oz Pearle 7% Hops (15 Mins)

I added the honey and brown sugar after I finished the boil, but while the temperature was still over 200. Here is are the stats from BeerSmith:

Estimated Og: 1.066
Estimated Fg: 1.017
Bitterness: 33.7 IBU
Color: 12.2 SRM

My actual Og was: 1.070

I'm hoping for a brown, full bodied beer, with hints of rum and honey (from the brown sugar and honey.) By the reading I have been doing, hopefully this will come out to plan.

I'll keep you all posted. For now, it's time for me to de-label some bottles. :D

Cheers
:mug:

While that recipe does sound delicious, I have to wonder about the wisdom of calling it a honey bucket ale....

honeybucket.jpg

EvilTOJ said:
While that recipe does sound delicious, I have to wonder about the wisdom of calling it a honey bucket ale....

honeybucket.jpg

I was wondering when someone was going to pick up on that. I thought it was a pretty funny name.

I think the name gives it a certain zing. I'd drink something called that. Killer recipe.

Wait - 2 oz chinook? How is your IBU only 33?

Judd said:
I think the name gives it a certain zing. I'd drink something called that. Killer recipe.

Wait - 2 oz chinook? How is your IBU only 33?

LOL, good catch...i've had a few beers tonight. It is only 1oz of each hops...:drunk:

Latest posts

Back