honey amber ale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brockettbrews

Reaction score
1 can hopped amber malt extract muntons
2 lbs light DME
1 ounce cascade at 60 min.
1tbs irish moss at 20 min.
added 24 ounces of honey in secondary

Since this recipe is not appropriate for the database it's been moved to the appropriate recipe forum.

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f63/recipe-posting-guidelines-108417/

When posting a recipe to the database please try and follow the simple guidelines listed below. This will help ensure that the HomebrewTalk.com recipe database is a valuable resource for brewers containing only quality, proven recipes.

If you want to post a recipe that has not yet been brewed or you are seeking help, please use the Recipes/Ingredients forum.

Complete as many fields as you can. Recipes with more detail will be easier for others to brew.
Provide as much information as you can. If it is an all-grain recipe, be sure to include all mash steps and temperatures.
A picture is worth 1000 words. This isn't required, but if you can, post a picture of your beer.
Brewing software files. Also not required, however you can attach a file from your favourite software program to the recipe. This makes it easier for fellow brewers to obtain your recipe. If possible try and post in BeerXML format as not everyone has the same software.

If you see any recipes that have been posted that do not meet the criteria above, please PM a mod or use the report post button to let us know so we can move it.

i didnt know sorry

That's fine. I just wanted to explain why it was moved!

The database really is meant to be a thorough complete proven "recipe book". Our goal is to have every single recipe in there be a perfect recipe for the style. Complete tasting notes, and a proven track record, are a must.

If you make the same beer again, and find it again excellent, then it would definitely be "database worthy". It would need complete tasting notes, along with OG/FG, and be written so that anybody could brew it.

where should i put my o'fest then??? after i try it???

After you brew it at least twice, and know it's a solid recipe with complete tasting notes, it can go in the recipe database. Think of the Recipe Database as a Betty Crocker Cookbook. Only the best recipes in the styles represented should be in there. It's not a personal repository of all of your own recipes, it's the best of the best for others to try. If it hasn't won any awards, it can still be posted there as long as it's something that you would submit to any award-winning recipe database. Complete tasting notes are required, and if it's not exactly 'to style' with the BJCP, an explanation should be provided or it should go in the 23 category, Specialty Beers.

If it's good, but really not in the "best of the best" class, it can go in the regular "recipe/ingredient" area.

I hope that explanation helps!

Back