Homeopathic Beer?!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Netflyer

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
So, I'm sure people have heard that if you eat local honey, because it is made from local pollen, it can help you acquire immunity to the same pollen - some say 'like cures like'. What about brewing when the tree pollen count is over 1500? Those pollen.. you think they can survive the boil? Perhaps the beer could be like the honey and help create some resistance to the same pollen. Beer for the cure!?

Brewing some pollenbrau tomorrow :)

I make homeopathic beer by taking a milligram of caffeine and dropping into five gallons of spring water. Then I carefully success the carboy (CAREFUL ON THIS STEP!) and bottle. It's strong stuff!

Last edited by a moderator:
I make homeopathic beer by taking a milligram of caffeine and dropping into five gallons of spring water. Then I carefully success the carboy (CAREFUL ON THIS STEP!) and bottle. It's strong stuff

But you don't set the carboy outside in a meadow of freshly bloomed lilacs and dance lively around it praising nature's goodness in anticipation of a cleansing spring rain prior to bottling? You quack.

I'm a beekeeper and I've always had a bit of a problem with the local honey/allergy treatment connection. Bees collect pollen that is wet and sticky like you find in dandelions and fruit trees. Most allergenic pollen is dry, dusty and wind blown like that from grasses and oaks. Bees just don't collect much of the allergenic stuff.
Having said that, I've known of people who swear that it has helped them. Psychological perhaps but if I was troubled by allergies, I would try anything.

Latest posts

Back