Homemade Wine from 1974

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zugbuggin

Reaction score
Last year after my fathers death, my sister and I found 7 bottles of Blackberry Wine and 4 bottles of Apple Wine my father had made in 1974 they still had his tags tied to the bottles stating what was in them and when it was bottled. It was in the barn loft, he had bottled the Blackberry in 2qt glass Pepsi Bottles and the apple was in 10 oz glass pepsi bottles. He had recapped the 10 oz. bottles and used screw tops on the Blackberry wine. We chilled the apple wine and drank a toast to him. It tasted surpisingly good, a little too sweet but after 36 years facing horendous temperture changes I'm shocked at how good it did taste.

awesome - always amazing to find something like that. An especially good find considering the circumstances.

Wow, what a find! Your father would have been happy to know that you enjoyed his creation. He probably forgot all about those bottles years ago, but I'm sure you remember him when you're drinking it. You and your sister should get together and drink a bottle every year to toast him.

Back