• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Homemade Counter Flow Chiller

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

malnutriton

Reaction score
Homemade Counter Flow Chiller. Made using 30' of 3/8'' copper tubing and rubber hose. Tested and leak free. used only 1 time then cleaned and stored.

$70 + acctual shipping.

cfc_21.jpg

cfc_1.jpg

malnutriton said:
Shipping estimate to 17033 is $17.39 ups ground.

Ouch. I've looked at making one of these and with the shipping it doesn't make much sense to buy. Thanks though. On a side note, do you like how this works?

Shipping quote to 26505 is 14.26 ups ground.

Yes shipping is spendy nowadays. $60 is what it cost to build when I did it so now just looking to recoup my costs. I did like it the time I used it I just went to a Jamil style immersion chiller.

malnutriton said:
Bump. I hate to see this just sit idle and want to make room...$65 shipped.

I'm contemplating taking it for $65 shipped, but had a couple questions:

Why did you go from your counterflow to an immersion chiller?

Also, how cool does it get the beer?

I switched because I started using a whirlpool immersion chiller. I brew a lot of Jamils recipes and thought it would be best to use what he uses. When I used it (both test and on brewday) it took 11g of boiling wort/water down to 69 in about 15 minutes.

It is 3/8 id copper tubing and a goodyear heavy duty rubber hose on the outside. I did not have any problems with hops clogging this.

Back