Homebrewers Outpost Kits

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Conan4480

Reaction score
Has anyone had any experience with any of the Homebrewers Outpost kits? I just bottled this kit and it tastes pretty good. A little time in the bottle and it should be better.

I made 2 kits from them last year. Both turned out really good. If I remember right, they give you not only the Muslin bags for the grains, but also for the hops which I really liked. I know some guys just let their hops free float during the boil, but I like to put them in the bags.

They don't have the selection that someone like Austin Homebrew Supply does, but they are still good kits.

I started brewing with their kits. It's nice that they include everything in one package. The beers turned out ok, but not exactly what I expected. However they were my first two batches so I'm sure there were things I could have done differently.

Overall I had good experiences with their kits.

I have brewed a couple Homebrewers Outpost kit, 1 Norther Brewer kit, and 2 Brewers Best kits. I have a kit on the way from Austin Home Brew. IMHO, especially if you are doing extract kits, there really isn't much of a difference. This place may give you a couple more things than the other, or the other may have better instructions than this or that. I think most of these suppliers provide pretty fresh ingriedents, they just have minor differences that I don't think would actually affect the taste between beers.

Back