Homebrew guage on empty

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RustyMusket

Reaction score
So I dranks all me home brew, now I have none, I rode to the store on me bicycle for some SNPA, I thought i was gunna make it home scott free with out the wife knowing I was gone. Just as soon as i rounded the corner she steps out to the driveway and sees me ridin up with a 12 pack and one in my hand. She told me she was furious. dam I do the dumbest **** sometimes. Anybody else share a story like this?

Why so angry? It's just beer. You are 21 right? Out of all the things I've been chewed out for (thats a lot of things), bringing home beer has never ever been one. That's grounds for divorce in this state. Cheers

Was she pissed because you let the HB gauge go to 0? Or pissed that you didn't ask if she wanted something else while you work on the pipeline?

Sounds like you need to go to bigger batches, and brew more often... Then you can tell her to STFUAHAPOHBB! (Shut the F Up and Have a Pint of Home Brew BIOTCH!)

I am well past 21 and well past .08 sos me thinks the bicycle would be the best option. me thinks shes pissed because i didnt tell her i was going and SNPA costs to much in times such as these.

So because you were being responsible (is it that rare for you?) and got something close to home brew caliber, she's pissed?

What size batches do you make? I think it's time she released the purse strings so that you can upgrade your rig to the next batch size. :rockin:

well shoot i just started, and i started at 5 gallon batches, Ive only done 15 gallons so far
The first one i practilly had to pay my friends to drink. The 4th one im fermenting now is going to be fabulous, I really need to start my next batch soon so i wont have a dry spell.

well shoot i just started, and i started at 5 gallon batches, Ive only done 15 gallons so far
The first one i practilly had to pay my friends to drink. The 4th one im fermenting now is going to be fabulous, I really need to start my next batch soon so i wont have a dry spell.

You'll pay me to drink your beer? I'm in:ban:

I've not had to do that with any of my batches so far... I gave some friends samples of a few batches, looking for feedback. Of the three people that have sampled the set, my ESB has come out on top. This is good, since I was looking to make a house pale ale, and that recipe could be it. I'll be brewing it again with a slight modification (longer dry hop time frame) and see how that stacks up against the current batch.

Of course, I've had some batches less successful than others, but all very drinkable. Flavors all good, just some not as well carbonated as I would have liked. I blame that on the bottles not sealing 100%.

Get some more batches under your belt. Get more fermenters, and brew at least every other weekend. I'm finding that brewing about every two weeks keeps my supply chain well populated and allows me to experiment more. :rockin:

I've not had to do that with any of my batches so far... I gave some friends samples of a few batches, looking for feedback. Of the three people that have sampled the set, my ESB has come out on top. This is good, since I was looking to make a house pale ale, and that recipe could be it. I'll be brewing it again with a slight modification (longer dry hop time frame) and see how that stacks up against the current batch.

Of course, I've had some batches less successful than others, but all very drinkable. Flavors all good, just some not as well carbonated as I would have liked. I blame that on the bottles not sealing 100%.

Get some more batches under your belt. Get more fermenters, and brew at least every other weekend. I'm finding that brewing about every two weeks keeps my supply chain well populated and allows me to experiment more. :rockin:

Yea im working on another fermenter now. I need to get one quickly i have about 14 lbs of misc. grain waiting to be mashed. I dont really go by any recipes yet. I am the hardheaded knuckle head that has to learn the hard way .
LOL

Gunna go grab another SNPA and jump in the pool. BRB

I started off with three extract (with specialty grains) batches from the LHBS. Batch #4 was a partial mash of my own creation. After that, all but one batch have been my own recipes.

I might not be a thick craniumed, knuckle-dragger, but I do take pleasure from making something that's really my own creation. Even more when tasting it for the first time and realizing how damned good/great it really is. Of course, it's even better when people that have no reason to tell you anything but the truth tell you how good it is.

You're taking the harder road, but you'll eventually get to the same destination. Making solid brews time and again for less than it would cost to purchase something even close to as good.

Tell her to not buy any stupid shoes (or other crap) for a month and you'll have more than enough money to brew for a year. :eek:

+1
I get my haircut 3 times a year. Total cost $36. My swmbo gets her hair done at least 4 times a year totalling $600. If I could spend $600 a year on equipment, I could be done with my rig and be brewing a bbl a week. Almost enough for me to not buy beer again.

I have the opposite issue... I'd really like to brew today, but all 4 carboys and all six kegs are full of beer.

On the excpensiveness of craft brew issue, I buy the best beer available, I just buy less of it, so rather than spending $22 on a twelve pack of bud, I spend $22 on six or so premium brews, and then I drink water.

I have the opposite issue... I'd really like to brew today, but all 4 carboys and all six kegs are full of beer.

On the excpensiveness of craft brew issue, I buy the best beer available, I just buy less of it, so rather than spending $22 on a twelve pack of bud, I spend $22 on six or so premium brews, and then I drink water.

You can drink water? I thought its only purpose was for making beer. I'll have to try it sometime. Nah, I'll stick to beer only.

Maybe she's pissed because you use expressions like "me thinks". I don't even know you and I'm sorta pissed because of it!;)

$22 for a six pack? Is that US $? Craft beers here are about $12 a 12-pack... Harpoon, Long Trail, Otter Creek... and we have a hefty sales tax and deposit laws.

Is water pricey as well?

$22 for a six pack? Is that US $? Craft beers here are about $12 a 12-pack... Harpoon, Long Trail, Otter Creek... and we have a hefty sales tax and deposit laws.

Is water pricey as well?

Costco has SNPA for 22 bucks a 24 pack.

Anyways i finally primed and bottled my hefe it has been 7 days in the bottles i opened one today and it had a nice psst the head was there good golden color, the head was about 3/4" thick then dissolved to almost nothing within 20 seconds. as far as carbonation goes it is still very bubbly from the bottom of the glass.
Tasting it and you taste bananas not very much clove, kinda watery but still kinda sweet and it has a sharp bite (carbonation I presume). gunna let it sit out at about 72-74 degrees for about three more weeks then refridgerate it for a few days hopefully it should be ready to go by then.
I plan on opening a bottle every 5 days to see what has changed about the beer.
Any suggestions on anything I have said?

Back