Homebrew Festival, Aptos CA.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thataintchicken

Reaction score
The seabreeze tavern in Aptos is having a homebrew festival October 16th.

For a nominal fee (TBD), BrewFest guests will get:
- a commemorative glass,
- six tickets (to get a sample of homebrew) and
- some munchies.
The event will be in the Sea Breeze Tavern patio. There will be a live band for our listening entertainment (to be announced).
I'll be there pouring beer, doing the Cicerone Shuffle and I'll have 2, possibly 3 beers on tap there as well. The award winning Heinrich ( a Bavarian Hefeweizen ), a Dunkelweizen and a keg of Cathedral Park Dark -- A Cascadian Dark Ale. ( Unless it goes to Oaktoberfest in Oakland the week before ). I'll be bartending and pouring some of my beers and Heroic Meads at that event as well.

If you see me and mention HBT at either event... I'll let you sample the secret stash.

enquiring minds? Yes, I ditched my job to become a Pro Brewer and a Cicerone.

I are a lunatic. but I love my new job. :mug:

Are the beers there from a local club or something? I'll see if I can fight my way through the Hwy 17 beach traffic to make it.

Are the beers there from a local club or something? I'll see if I can fight my way through the Hwy 17 beach traffic to make it.

my understanding is the local club that sponsored before had other commitments.
So Mad Zymurgists ( my club ) is going to pick up the slack. BAM (SF/Oakland) and DOZE ( Concord/Walnut Creek )may be represented as well.

I know that the MZ's will have 6 or more taps. Scottish 80, Cream Ale, Brown Ale, Belgian Style Tripel and mead) plus my German offerings.
If I can get my Perlicks delivered, my badass Macintosh Jockey Box will be in attendance. Pouring some IPA, CDA and because I am a maniac, a 2007 Syrah.
Yes, I keg wine.

Navigating the fishook sucks, but good beer (and wine ) is worth it. :tank:

plus, I usually do it on a motorcycle. LOL :)

Cool, if I don't have to work in the afternoon/evening I'll head out there, and I'll try to get my brewing buddy up in Half Moon Bay to come down.

I'll be pouring on Saturday:
Hefeweizen
Dunkelweizen
Dampfbier
Cascadian Dark Ale

toss up between Ren Faire in Gilroy and Campbell on Sunday.
SWMBO is out of town, so ...

Back