Homebrew Competitions

HomeBrewTalk.com - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Community.

Help Support Homebrew Talk:

SchillingBrewing

Reaction score
Does anyone know of any good homebrew competitions near Laramie, WY? Or does anyone know of a website where I can find a list or calendar of yearly homebrew events near Laramie, WY?

BigFloyd

Reaction score
Once it's too far away to do a local drop-off of your brew, you might as well take a look at comps in other parts of the country. You can't ship via USPS for now, so use FedEx or UPS.

OP
SchillingBrewing

SchillingBrewing

Reaction score
Awesome. I thought AHA had a decent list but I was worried that you needed to be an AHA member to view the list. I'm planning on becoming an AHA member as soon as I have a little more of an income.

I may just have to send some beers around to other comps. What is shipping like on a bottle or two? And do they ship well, like not get dropped or over heated or over cooled? I would be worried about paying for it to be shipped and then having it be destroyed/ruined by the time it reaches its destination.

sweetcell

Protruding Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
you definitely need to pack very, very carefully. individually bubble wrap each bottle, then more bubble wrap around that, and all in a solid box.

poptarts

Reaction score
I shipped 5 bottles the other day via ups to the east coast and it was like 14$, everything arrived non broken or exploded or anything and it was below freezing outside. And yep this is Sam.