Homebrew clubs

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk:

BarefootFriar

Reaction score
Howdy. Now that we're officially legal, I decided it might be cool to look for a club to join.

Any clubs out there? Where do you meet, and how often? How do newbies get in?

I'm particularly interested in the Cullman area, although I could do Athens, Decatur, Huntsville/Madison, or possibly Birmingham. But hey, why not go ahead and post info for the whole state?

wailingguitar

Reaction score
I know there are one or two in HSV/Madison and probably one or two in Bham. Not sure about Cullman, but wouldn't be surprised.

I am interested in maybe getting something going around Florence/Muscle Shoals... I had (hanging head in embarrassment) phone numbers for a couple guys up here, but I have miss placed them... if anyone is around Florence, drop me a line

tmurph6

Reaction score
You don't mean to suggest you've homebrewed before right? That would have been illegal!;)

OP
BarefootFriar

BarefootFriar

Reaction score
I live in that magical spot of Alabama where I'm an hour and a half from everything. So I'm just as close to Florence as I am to Huntsville and Birmingham. I'd rather join one in Cullman, since it's closer, but Florence would work.

Reaction score
I would like to form a group in the Tuscaloosa area. I helped start a group up north; looking to see who's interested. Let's celebrate our new homebrew liberties!

fu_gazi

Reaction score
I'd love to find an active group in Birmingham. I have emailed a few people in clubs with little or no response.

Echoloc8

Acolyte of Fermentalism
Reaction score

iainwb

Reaction score
I too would like to get a group going in Tuscaloosa now that we are legal. Supposedly there is a group in T-town, but the website hasn't been updated in almost 2 years, so I'm not sure what is going on with the group. http://www.tuscaloosahomebrewers.com

Reaction score
Lets get a plan together. I'm game to either jump start the existing group or start anew. We kinda need more than two bubbas - anybody else game in T-Town?

iainwb

Reaction score
There are 29 members for that group, but very little activity during the past year.

4nabas

Reaction score
I'm going to be at wilhagans tomorrow (6-23-13) @ 2 if anyone wants to meet up. Will try to be sitting outside if seats are available.

pahuffman

Reaction score
I'm in Tuscaloosa looking for a club too. I just stumbled across this thread. Y'all still trying to plan a brew day or anything?

iainwb

Reaction score
I am not aware of anything really set. There has been a little talk on the Facebook page, but nothing firm set. I'm at a busy period of the year with conferences and also moving into a new house at the end of the month, and a few weeks to go on a pilsner. If nothing else pops up before early August, I will probably plan something at my place & post here and on Facebook.

bigken462

Reaction score
I know this thread is a little old, but did anyone ever determine if there was a club close to Cullman? I live here, and any club that would allow someone to come in to visit would be cool.

Kenny T

wailingguitar

Reaction score
I know this thread is a little old, but did anyone ever determine if there was a club close to Cullman? I live here, and any club that would allow someone to come in to visit would be cool.

Kenny T
Isn't there a brewery in Cullman now? I would think the brewers would know if there is anything going on

iainwb

Reaction score
I am getting the Tuscaloosa group up and running again. I will be posting info on the Tuscaloosa Homebrewers page on Facebook, since it's easier and more functional. There will be a brew day and reorganization meeting on 4 Jan 2014, details to follow later via the Facebook page.

ccreel67

Reaction score
We have started a club in the Shoals. So far, we have two active members and two inactive members. We are extract brewers who want to move into partial-mash brews for 2014. I call the group NaHa; for Northwest Alabama Homebrewing Association. Our facebook group is: https://www.facebook.com/groups/NorthAlabamaHomebrewing/

Happy New Year and Happy Brewing to all!

C Creel