Homebrew Club

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congrats on becoming official!! I still owe you an answer on that bulk grain buy... workin' on it.

And yeah, I would think about dues... especially if you're the Pres. I fell into the Pres position for our club and we've got a few thousand bucks in our treasury. It's SWEET!! If I'm looking for a few hookers... or... a bar tab runs me a little more than I was expecting... it's nice to have the club's money at my disposal!

(I'm joking!)

Joking aside... I 100% hear you on dues... ours are $25 per year. Nothing too crazy but I think they do help a lot for decent sized clubs. For us, we have about 40 or so paid members and we typically have about 20-25 people at each meeting. The dues go towards paying for any commercial examples of style... we have a huge Xmas party at the end of the year that the dues help pay for... the dues help pay for a chunk of our big Group Brew each year (always a 60 gallon barrel of somethin')... they help pay for a big summer picnic we do. Now that we have a bunch of money in the Treasury (we also make a bit of money on our competition each year) we're looking to pay for chunks of pub crawls and that sort of stuff.

The tough thing is always making sure whatever money the club is paying out is for the benefit of as many of the club members as possible.... OR really good looking hookers for me!!! (JOKE... it's a JOOOOKE!)

Ya I figure once we have 20-25 members I will throw around the idea of paying dues. It would be really cool to be able to have events and things of that nature. Right now I am just trying to recruit some more people and hopefully become a beer judge in November.

Back