Homebrew at work

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sundaybrewingco

Reaction score
2 of my buddies at work wanted to try a sample of my homebrew beer. Here is a lovely action shot...

3486196700_1316a28868.jpg

I'm sure alcohol is against my company's policy, but oh well! :rockin:

I hope you stand that puppy up for a couple hours before the taste test..you'll want the yeast to settle down..Unless it's a hefe of course.

I work for a medical school, I've done tastings of my homebrew for several of the docs on faculty...

I usually have to work a long weekend regional anestesia conference one a year (in two weeks, actually) with the course director for the gross anatomy program....as soon as the last presenter is done, and the last cadaver is packed away for the day the tasting commences....He's a serious hunter and knows I love venison, so the monday after last years tasting, I ended up with a "goody bag" of deer meat as thanks for getting him through the weekend on good beer...

Plus my partner in my department, also brews (though only with mr beers) so we have done a few tastings after work as well, usually if one of us has something strange we wnat them to try.

Mmmm. You had to mention venison! I have a few venison steaks at home in the freezer. I'm just waiting for a nice break in the weather to clean off the grill and cook those babies up.

But yeah, I will have to tell my buddy to stand that up.. I don't know if he plans on drinking it here or until he gets home... I just looked in the fridge and seen the bottle rubberbanded to his lunch, so I had to take a picture..

That picture is classic, you know that rubber band is iron clad protection and screams back the **** up it's mine bit*ches. :rockin:

I've had one of my corny kegs in our storage closet during the winter. Everyone enjoyed that.

Hid a bag containing 20 brews in our fridge at work last week for a competition I had after work. Good thing the bottles of wine that were already there covered it up.

Ok. So the guy I sit across from cracked open the bottle at lunch, so far 6 people tried it, one being a director at the company. The director, after taking a taste, said he used to brew himself and offered to bring in some 26oz. bottles for me. Hilarious!

Hahaha, especially with some layoffs coming in the near future (June), they better keep me now!

When I seen his boss/director coming down the aisle, I was thinking to myself, "****, I hope he doesn't stop him"... I'm glad he did though!

Yeah, and tell him not to worry about refilling it until he bottles next. Keep trading one each new batch... whats wrong with that networking?

He gave up homebrewing? Now you need to consider if he is someone even worth working for. He gets the big bucks and now he buys 120 minute by the case and gave up on his own ambitions.

Haha, well he is not MY boss, but I would love to move into his department and work for him. So hopefully brewing beer is my IN into his group (if I survive the purge of layoffs coming in June)

Ok. So the guy I sit across from cracked open the bottle at lunch, so far 6 people tried it, one being a director at the company. The director, after taking a taste, said he used to brew himself and offered to bring in some 26oz. bottles for me. Hilarious!

The VP of my department comes to ask me if I've been brewing and when he can give me his growlers to fill up. It's a nice feeling knowing they appreciate and enjoy your hobby and don't think that you're just a booze bag.

Yeah, I have had some real success with homebrew at work.

We were working on a clusterf**** project (a SharePoint Portal implementation for the techies), that had ended up requiring 4x manpower, 3x time, and now was EVERYONES focus. Every day was a struggle with war room meetings.

Moral was decaying, despite the good efforts of management to help out and be understanding.

So, I brewed up 5 gals of "Portal Porter" to celebrate the end. Once the RSVP's started coming back, I knew I needed more beer, so I brewed a 10der & Mild to appease the BMC crowd (short notice).

The graphics illustrator got involved to make a special label placard. I took my FG on the porter and calculated the ABV. 6.66%. Yeah, I did it twice. She took our corporate logo ( one of those health care stick bodies), gave it a red glow and horns! The beer was named SharePoint Satan Porter!

The party was good, with more positive Porter comments. Even "beer haters" enjoyed it! The porter was kicked, the mild - about 2 gals gone.

I often get asked about "What's brewing?" and when we are doing this again!. I am doing a 15 min lecture to some techies on "Brew in a Coffee Pot" soon.

Oh yeah, I work at a Fortune 500 company HQ, and 3 directors were there, as well as my new boss:)

That is a great story. I also work in IT so I feel your pain. Now that I know that no one really cared that I brought in a beer for people to sample, I hope I get more requests for me to bring in beer. And maybe a promotion..

Back