Homebrew at Cookout

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I brought my Citra APA and milk stout to our 4th of July cookout. Both were very much appreciated.

Despite people's claims that stouts are only good in the winter time, the milk stout was very relaxing and calming in the 85 degree weather or whatever. I've always felt that NO beers are limited by season or ambient temperature.

My mad scientist experiment light wheat ale would have been the most style-appropriate for a 4th of July cookout, but I just bottled it and it hasn't carbed yet, so it obviously wasn't an option.

I brought my Citra APA and milk stout to our 4th of July cookout. Both were very much appreciated.

Despite people's claims that stouts are only good in the winter time, the milk stout was very relaxing and calming in the 85 degree weather or whatever. I've always felt that NO beers are limited by season or ambient temperature.

My mad scientist experiment light wheat ale would have been the most style-appropriate for a 4th of July cookout, but I just bottled it and it hasn't carbed yet, so it obviously wasn't an option.

Agreed. I just tapped a 4% porter. Works very well in this 80-90 degree heat.

Totally agree. Then again, for me stout is the choice 365 days a year.

I filled a growler of my pale ale straight from the keg and took it with me to a cookout. It was a fantastic time.

Had a family cookout with all the in laws coming over. Tapped a keg of hoppy wheat during the week before and keg was gone early evening that Saturday. Loved the success of the beer especially with most of the people happy drinking pumpkin heads and bud lights.

Back