Quantcast

Homebrew at Cookout

HomeBrewTalk.com - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Community.

Help Support Homebrew Talk:

worlddivides

Reaction score
I brought my Citra APA and milk stout to our 4th of July cookout. Both were very much appreciated.

Despite people's claims that stouts are only good in the winter time, the milk stout was very relaxing and calming in the 85 degree weather or whatever. I've always felt that NO beers are limited by season or ambient temperature.

My mad scientist experiment light wheat ale would have been the most style-appropriate for a 4th of July cookout, but I just bottled it and it hasn't carbed yet, so it obviously wasn't an option.

dpatrickv

Reaction score
I brought my Citra APA and milk stout to our 4th of July cookout. Both were very much appreciated.

Despite people's claims that stouts are only good in the winter time, the milk stout was very relaxing and calming in the 85 degree weather or whatever. I've always felt that NO beers are limited by season or ambient temperature.

My mad scientist experiment light wheat ale would have been the most style-appropriate for a 4th of July cookout, but I just bottled it and it hasn't carbed yet, so it obviously wasn't an option.
Agreed. I just tapped a 4% porter. Works very well in this 80-90 degree heat.

castillo556

Reaction score

Totally agree. Then again, for me stout is the choice 365 days a year.

treacheroustexan

Reaction score
I filled a growler of my pale ale straight from the keg and took it with me to a cookout. It was a fantastic time.

jageraholic

Reaction score
Had a family cookout with all the in laws coming over. Tapped a keg of hoppy wheat during the week before and keg was gone early evening that Saturday. Loved the success of the beer especially with most of the people happy drinking pumpkin heads and bud lights.