Home made under bar keg cooler?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hodawg

Reaction score
Howdy gang. It's been a while since I last posted, but I've been trying to follow along as best that I can. I have a project that I need some help with. I've built a nice bar (you can see it in my gallery) with a great mushroom style tap tower fed by a standard commercial kegerator that will only hold two Cornies. I want to build a custom, under-bar kegerator that will hold 4 Cornies. I've seen some of the "collars" put onto some of the smaller kegerator fridges, but I'd like to salvage my current kegerator fridge and pass it on to one of my sons. I have an extra fridge out in the garage, and even though it is old it runs great. I'd like to build my own custom, insulated box, which I am adequately equipped and talented for, but I have no idea how to gut the old fridge and get the cooling system mounted / working in the new box. I'm fine with carpentry but I haven't got a clue about refridgeration systems. I've searched the DIY threads, but can seem to find one on using the cooling system parts in a custom box. Any ideas?

Beers y'all,
Ken

that is my link posted above and i actually decided i am building a ferm chamber in my garage so this will be a keggerator. it will only be a 2 keg set up. i got lucky on the fridge i used it was a snap to deconstruct. good luck man.

Neat ideas, guys. The fermenter looks great. Here's another question in the same light. Like I said, I'm trying to run 4 Cornies at one time. Would it be feasable to keep the kegs at room temperature, and feed them into either 4 cold plates or 4 coils that are kept cold in the kegerator that I already have? Would it be possible to get the proper chilling that way? Thanks for the input.
Beers y'all,
Ken

Back