Home keg system

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lopedogg

Reaction score
Hey guys, just joined and hope someone can steer me in the right direction. I'm looking to put a keg in my basement and run the lines up to my kitchen, probably 15 ft of line. I'm a newbie at kegs/systems but just want beer on draft close to the couch! Is there some websites with equipment and guides on how to go about this? I appreciate all the info.

Cheers!

The Brewer's Association maintains the Draught Beer Quality Manual. It has a ton of info for helping you setting this system up. Just at a first glance, you will likely need 1/4" or 5/16" ID tubing. You'll definitely need to insulate the tubing very well, but will likely find you will want to chill the beer line(s) using a glycol system or something similar. Keep in mind the vertical difference when doing the calculation for balancing your system. Good luck and I hope it works out for you!

Back