home built 4 tap tower

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smithabusa

Reaction score
My father in law overheard that I wanted to go from 3 to 4 taps and decided to build me one for xmas, how cool. A few pics, have to pick up admirer shank and some misc stuff to get it going. All brass faucets, trying to find some brass flanges instead of black plastic or chrome, or maybe just not use them. He has it packed full of foam, hopefully it stays cool enough inside.

Check out the cam shaft tap handle I got for xmas too, how cool

20141226_154208.jpg

20141226_154119.jpg

20141226_114728.jpg

20141226_154133.jpg

20141226_154108.jpg

I really like the crankshaft tap handle. Thinking bout rigging one up from my 304 amc crank now lol.

*quick skim of photos*
WTF? I think this guy accidentally uploaded photos from the car rebuild into this thread.
*further inspection*
Crankshaft tap handle eh? Guess you can turn anything into a handle. Are you worried about the weight on the tap assembly?

*quick skim of photos*
WTF? I think this guy accidentally uploaded photos from the car rebuild into this thread.
*further inspection*
Crankshaft tap handle eh? Guess you can turn anything into a handle. Are you worried about the weight on the tap assembly?

I think the lone crankshaft pic posted by senior beerenstein was to point out that the tap handle is a cam shaft, not a crankshaft.

Anyhow, that is a great present to receive, congrats and Merry Christmas!

Camshaft on the tap, crank on the oily rags. Driveshaft? Nowhere to be found. Too many shafts.

Not bouncing back and (assuming) no leaks. Sounds like it's working out just fine. Though I am tempted to research exactly how heavy is too heavy for a tap to take. Likely need to go with both suspended weight and pouring weight, as the latter can have a torque function to it.

It looks great, man! And yeah, I was making a joke as to the huge weight and size difference between camshaft and crankshaft, lol. Crank weighs approximately 40 lbs lol.

Back