Home brewing podcasts

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ronald C Gregory

Reaction score
I've found a lot of podcasts that tall about doing all grain brewing anyone know of any that focus on extract brewing specifically or just not an audience for one?

I've found a lot of podcasts that tall about doing all grain brewing anyone know of any that focus on extract brewing specifically or just not an audience for one?
There is no reason for most content to cater to extract brewing because it is such a very small subtopic of brewing in general. The only time it would matter is when they talk about recipe design.

That's what I was guessing. I'll keep looking for individual episodes from podcasts that cater to it then for now.

Basic Brewing does a fair amount of extract brewing, especially in the early episodes. Not specific to extract, but having a lot of good information is the old 'Jamil Show' on the Brewing Network. They review BJCP styles (the old ones, not the current - though many are the same) and give recipes in both extract and all-grain for each style. Really, except for the mashing, most programs which have episodes on fermentation, yeast, bottling/kegging, etc. are applicable.

Basic Brewing does a fair amount of extract brewing, especially in the early episodes. Not specific to extract, but having a lot of good information is the old 'Jamil Show' on the Brewing Network. They review BJCP styles (the old ones, not the current - though many are the same) and give recipes in both extract and all-grain for each style. Really, except for the mashing, most programs which have episodes on fermentation, yeast, bottling/kegging, etc. are applicable.
The all grain shows are interesting and offer a lot of good knowledge. I have learned a few things from them but most only ever give a recipe based on all grain. Ill try and find some of the older Basic Brewing shows. currently only have about the current 50 or so on spotify.

thanks for the info

The all grain shows are interesting and offer a lot of good knowledge. I have learned a few things from them but most only ever give a recipe based on all grain. Ill try and find some of the older Basic Brewing shows. currently only have about the current 50 or so on spotify.

thanks for the info

And don't forget it's easy to convert most recipes from all grain to extract or partial mash. Maybe not all of them, but certainly the vast majority. We can help you with that, if you don't have brewing software to convert them for you.

And don't forget it's easy to convert most recipes from all grain to extract or partial mash. Maybe not all of them, but certainly the vast majority. We can help you with that, if you don't have brewing software to convert them for you.
I have been looking into software but likely won't get anything in the near future. I'm still learning to much to come up with my own recipes

I have been looking into software but likely won't get anything in the near future. I'm still learning to much to come up with my own recipes

Then we would be glad to help convert any recipes you find that all are grain and want to use as a partial mash or extract batch. It's not hard once you have a little experience with doing it, and we wouldn't mind helping you out. Don't let a recipe for all grain that sounds great to you stop you from making it- conversions are done all the time with good results!

Then we would be glad to help convert any recipes you find that all are grain and want to use as a partial mash or extract batch. It's not hard once you have a little experience with doing it, and we wouldn't mind helping you out. Don't let a recipe for all grain that sounds great to you stop you from making it- conversions are done all the time with good results!
I will keep that in mind thank you

I've found come and brew it radio to be pretty good. They have a few back to basics episodes where they talk about one topic for the whole 90 mins and a few are on extract

Back