Home Brewery

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rwinzing

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
So I have been working on my home brewery and I am finally about to take it on it’s maiden voyage. I have been brewing for ten years and went from stove top to a complete three tier setup. I got divorced and brewing was put on the back burner until recently. I live in a large farm house and I have a spare room so I have converted it to my brewery. I am very excited so I thought I would share with some like minded people. Cheers!

IMG_0159.jpg
IMG_0150.jpg
IMG_0148.jpg

IMG_0147.jpg
IMG_0151.jpg
IMG_0141.jpg
IMG_0151.jpg

Sorry about the divorce but dang that is a nice setup. Do you use the whiteboard behind your kettles to give lectures in your brew room?

Congrats on the divorce. Looks like you made out ok with all the brewing equipment (or at least enough money to buy it!)

Have you tested the SS BrewTech refrigeration unit yet? I've considered something like that plus a large conical in order to free up the floor space of an existing 15 cu ft chest freezer. It's not exactly cheap though so if you have any thoughts i'd like to hear.

Congrats on the divorce. Looks like you made out ok with all the brewing equipment (or at least enough money to buy it!)

Have you tested the SS BrewTech refrigeration unit yet? I've considered something like that plus a large conical in order to free up the floor space of an existing 15 cu ft chest freezer. It's not exactly cheap though so if you have any thoughts i'd like to hear.

I have only done a water test. I will be using it this weekend for the first time. I turned on the unit and it took the glycol down to 38 degrees in about ten minutes. I put hot water in one of the fermenters 120 degrees. The unit kicked on and took it to 68 degrees in about twenty minutes. It did everything I wanted.

I will post a further review after this weekend.

Fantastic. How loud is it? Is the recirculating liquid glycol, or water? Do you have the stainless coil inside the fermenter?

Fantastic. How loud is it? Is the recirculating liquid glycol, or water? Do you have the stainless coil inside the fermenter?

Yes, the fermenters have the stainless coils inside. The compressor is about as loud as a fridge. The pumps are very quiet. You use 1 gallon liquid glycol and two gallons of distilled water. Said should change once a year.

You can use it on four fermenters at a time. It was pricy but it is pretty slick. I am not a DIY guy. I know there are posts about people making these I have no desire to do that. I am looking forward to doing some lagers

I have only done a water test. I will be using it this weekend for the first time. I turned on the unit and it took the glycol down to 38 degrees in about ten minutes. I put hot water in one of the fermenters 120 degrees. The unit kicked on and took it to 68 degrees in about twenty minutes. It did everything I wanted.

I will post a further review after this weekend.

Take the time to just enjoy your brew day but if you get around to taking any pics/videos of the process, I'd love to see them!

Not everything is better DIY... the chiller seems like one of those things better to buy than try to make.

Back