home brewer tv?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

repomanz

Reaction score
Hey folks -

I'm curious if anyone knows what's going on with home brewer tv. It's been a while since i've seen any podcast updates, the webpage is down (homebrewertv.com) and messages to Gary go on not answered.

Is the site and the man behind the site down for the count?

JJ

They got hacked a month or so ago, and it's taking them awhile to get back up and running.

Oh, by the way...stay the f away from my truck. ;)

I asked Gary about it and he said that it costs him 600$ per Week and he couldn't afford it any more .

He said nothing about being hacked .

Hector

I asked Gary about it and he said that it costs him 600$ per Week and he couldn't afford it any more . He said nothing about being hacked .

Hector

Well that sucked. I enjoyed his podcasts. 600 a week sounds excessive.

I don't get how it would cost $600 a week? A camera, tripod, equipment and beer to review. Am I missing something, because that's all it seemed like he was using? I wont pay a monthly subscription for that.

He had a camera crew & everything. Computer editing of the show. He told me he went from some 6,000 viewers down to about 30 when it went to a pay sight. I still have the e-mail.

I didn't ever get around to telling him, but you could still back in to all of the episodes for free. If you got to the end of the video that was on the front page of the website, there were links that popped up for the shows. If you clicked on one you could watch it for free and then at the end of that episode you could repeat for the next one.

The show was entertaining for a few episodes, but I couldn't stand the beer reviews and I kinda forgot about it for a while. I found out it was a paysite when I tried to catch up. Oh well. Brewing TV is much more professional and entertaining.

Back