Home Brew Supplies and info in Japan

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RobbieOByrne

Reaction score
If your a brewer in Japan share you wisdom? Right now I'm having a hard time finding supplies.

Hey Robbie,
I'm in Japan, Kansai area. I find advanced brewing a bit expensive but they have a pretty good assortment. You could try sakeland.net as well. Assortment is less but prices more friendly. I mostly order from them.

That said, hops are so expensive in Japan I have them send from Holland to save a buck!:) So I usually just order grains in japan.

Advanced brewing and sakeland are both pretty good. If you want to give some business to a great guy, a fellow foreigner/brewer who's started his own brewing supplies business then have a look at the link below. He goes by the name of Tektonjp on HBT. I just got my first shipment, ordered two days ago and arrived at my door, this morning. Great service.:mug:

http://themaltshop.biz/

Also, if you can use and store grains in bulk, 20 kg sacks are very reasonably priced at Asahi malts, based in Shiga prefecture, I believe. Last time I bought from them was about three years ago and they cost about ¥3,800 each plus ¥600 per sack for transportation, this was a German Pilsener malt and an English Pale Ale malt. They had a decent selection, from what I remember.

+1 for themaltshop! Awesome customer service,great prices + custom orders from the USA morebeer store.

I'm moving from London to Tokyo in May and have been checking the availability of homebrew supplies in Japan. Things have definitely improved compared to the last time I lived in Japan. But yikes, hops are expensive. Maybe I'll make a bulk purchase and bring it all with me (although now I imagine getting stopped at customs at Haneda with 100kg of hops....)

Been a while since anyone posted on this thread. I’m about to move to Japan (Iwakuni), and I’m curious if anyone knows anything about kegging/CO2 supplies there? I’m not super excited to return to bottling, but I’ll do what I have to do.

Back