Home bar finally done. Lots of pics

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iamopie2

Reaction score
Here is the space i started with with some hard wood laid down and the siding going up.
IMG00001-20090428-1249.jpg

My red oak bar stop that i stained and epoxied with bar top stuff. The trim around it is stair hand rails that were chamfered (sp?) and set onto the bar.
bartop.jpg

the bar island going in with the top in place and siding finished and trimmed out
IMG00003-20090430-2116.jpg

Here is a good picture of the paint color and crown molding.
IMG00015-20090507-1726.jpg

Keezer in place under the bar top
DSCN0313.jpg

Kegs in the fridge for right now are Yuengling, Sweetwater 420, and Sweetwater blue. Home brews are fermenting right now to go into my own kegs.
DSCN0314.jpg

C02 tank and lines ran to the taps.
DSCN0315.jpg

Two double tower taps installed with drip trays.
DSCN0316.jpg

Finished bar with booze and chairs. Still need to make shelves for the liquor.
DSCN0310.jpg

Another view of the finished bar.
DSCN0321.jpg

Very cool man! I like the chair rail idea a lot! One suggestion... I would put up some sort of shelving (maybe with glass behind) to store your liquor bottles and glassware. That way it leaves the bar top open and clean looking. But hey, these things are always never ending projects.

Yeah i mentioned that, i just need to get a good idea of how i want to make the shelves

The bar and freezer are on felt pads so its just a little bit of sliding and it easy to get to the freezer.

How long are your lines that allow you top pull the fridge out with them still attached to the taps? I was wanting to do this type of setup but couldn't figure out how to make it easy switch out the legs without disconnecting the lines everytime and without having lots of line outside the freezer.

Good thing about being single..no SWMBO lol
Between the bar and the bike though its a good way to find one....

The lines going out to the taps are about 10 ft for all the reasons i need 10 ft of beer line. And the taps are directly above the freezer so i didnt need a lot of slack to begin with to get the freezer in and out. It works out really well.

so having 10ft of line outside the fridge in the garage during summer doesn't give you any foaming problems or leave the beer in the lines to warm/hot to drink? or do you dump the first couple ounces at the beginning of a session?

The first half pint is foam and i just dump that, then its all good. It was the price i had to pay to build it the way i did.

Good thing about being single..no SWMBO lol
Between the bar and the bike though its a good way to find one....

The lines going out to the taps are about 10 ft for all the reasons i need 10 ft of beer line. And the taps are directly above the freezer so i didnt need a lot of slack to begin with to get the freezer in and out. It works out really well.

Isn't it odd that this is what attracts them but then after they've got you they want it to all go away?...... hmmm..... chicks... SWEET setup btw!!!

Back