Holy sediment batman!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JimTheHick

Reaction score
I have never noticed this much yeast sediment in my beer or commercial. I love this beer, but is a half to quarter inch of sediment way too much?

Or am I just now noticing these things since I started homebrewing??

image-2647862412.jpg

Sediment can vary depending on if you used a Secondary fermenter, clarifying agent, etc. That may not all be yeast sediment as well, could be hop particles, etc. depending on the beer style too.

No worries, just drink around it.

Cheers!

This is a commercial beer with Belgian yeast. It still tastes awesome as always. Hop Wrangler is an awesome beer.

I've just never seen a yeast cake this large in a store bought!

I missed my chance to farm. I drank it. Glug-glug!

This is interesting. I have a 6 in the fridge. I want to check it now to see if I can harvest some of that Belgian yeast they use. I didn't notice a crazy amount of bottle yeast last time I got some.

This is one of my favs from Peace Tree btw.

Azurecybe said:
Minimal sediment in mine. I feel kind of cheated. I wanted to wash that action lol.:mug:

Leave it out in your 90F garage for a while. I think that is why mine built up so thick.

Btw, this beers tastes different to me now. Do you guys think they changed the recipe? I feel like it lost simcoe and subbed centennial.

Back