Holy crap! I made beer!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mhochman

Reaction score
So a bunch of people helped me out with my first batch (A True Brew Pale Ale kit):

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f163/i-dont-know-what-do-153705/

I'm two weeks after bottling and I just couldn't wait anymore. Today is my buddy's birthday and we decided we had to go for it. Popped two in the fridge yesterday and...my buddy couldn't make. His loss, I had to do it.

And I made beer! Tastes, smells, looks, and acts like a Pale Ale. :ban:

The only weird thing is the amount of bubbles on the bottom that are climbing up. More than I'm used too. The bubbles are small, and it reminds me of drinking a Sprite or something like that. Too carbed? Well, it's delicious either way, and I'm not the biggest Pale Ale fan in the world. Thanks to all of those who helped along the way. :mug:

so are you hooked yet?

Ha! Nut Brown Ale is fermenting happily downstairs, and the ingredients for an Amber Ale are waiting in the cabinet for the fermenter to be free. I just bought a Better Bottle to use as a secondary, I had the plumber put in a slop sink so I can better clean bottles and the better bottle, er, I mean so I can wash paint rollers better. Yeah, I'd say I'm hooked. :D

Bet you can't do it again. More like, bet you can't not do it again. There is no escaping this addiction, errrrrrr hobby. Good luck and many more batches of Pale Ale

Back