Holiday Brews

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JUST_BREW_IT

Reaction score
I'm thinking of making a list of beers to brew and have prepared for the different holidays throughout the year.

Please share with me what beers you make for the different holidays or times of year to share with your family and friends and how they went over

The only holiday I make beer for specifically is St. Patrick's Day. I make a stout. Everyone loves it.

Memorial Day and 4th of July are coming up. I'm probably going to brew a pilsner for the 4th as Memorial Day is coming up too quickly.

I'm thinking of making a list of beers to brew and have prepared for the different holidays throughout the year.

Please share with me what beers you make for the different holidays or times of year to share with your family and friends and how they went over

I do a big beer each Spring and let it age until the next winter. For me, Dopplebocks and big Stouts (like Bourbon Barrel Breakfast Stout) are the best. I also do sour beer for the 4th. This year is was a Berliner Weiss. Easter = IPA for me.

Holiday Brews:

1. 4th of July --- Amber Waves of Grain IPA
2. Thanksgiving - Smoked Pumpkin Porter
3. Christmas ---- Cranberry Walnut Ale

All are very nice, the smoked pumpkin porter is a favorite and the 5 gallon batch goes fast... very fast. I think I will need to make 10 gallons this year as I am already getting requests. The cranberry walnut is a favorite among the ladies who do not normally drink beer, it is mild and sweet with a good body from the oats but not much foam because of the fat from the walnuts.

Holiday Brews:

1. 4th of July --- Amber Waves of Grain IPA
2. Thanksgiving - Smoked Pumpkin Porter
3. Christmas ---- Cranberry Walnut Ale

All are very nice, the smoked pumpkin porter is a favorite and the 5 gallon batch goes fast... very fast. I think I will need to make 10 gallons this year as I am already getting requests. The cranberry walnut is a favorite among the ladies who do not normally drink beer, it is mild and sweet with a good body from the oats but not much foam because of the fat from the walnuts.

man, that smoked pumpkin porter sounds nice! how does it sit with the average beer drinker? do you have the recipe?

I'm thinking a spiced amber for Christmas this year - something with a little bit of nutty, cinnamon-esce spice...still thinking up a recipe, but I'll probably brew that sometime this summer.

Basically the Old Fruitcake Ale from Randy Mosher's Radical Brewing.

I brewed in two years ago in September and it hadn't aged enough by Thanksgiving so I brewed in March this year.

wow, that sounds like an interesting brew. Think it will be ready by thanksgiving this time around?

I was just thinking about this very topic. Im thinking about doing an ale with the taste and texture of Jubel Ale from Deschutes and the hop profile of an IPA. Any suggestions? I may also have to do some experimentation.

Pumpkin Ale for turkey day and winter warmer/wassail for Christmas, dark Belgian ale for New Year's Eve, and a dry stout for St. Patties day.

Latest posts

Back